Monday 16 August 2010

Ladybird (ii)




A massive ladybird on the moon
Talks on a pink mobile phone
'I have seen the fantastic, lonely eyes
Of the salmon in the rapids' it says

'There is something about lettuce laying season
That I really love'

Be careful though, not to get
Yourself spread everywhere
Remember the Sharks that rattle in the rain.
Be careful, or you could end up
Like a magazine rack without any magazines

A gorilla stands outside the window
Pointing a bazooka at me
But I’m too busy talking
With the massive ladybird on the moon

Looking at my reflection in the window

It rains a lot in here
I live in a cardboard box
With a massive ladybird

It uses a horrifically expensive
Limited edition Chanel phone
It keeps screaming and crying all the time

Saying that it knows all about the gloom
I'm supposedly made out of

No comments: